Sugaring removes hair by the root, the
paste only adheres to the hair and dead skin so is generally a lot less painful than
other forms of hair removal.
- The first service hurts the most, but sugaring on a regular basis makes for a smaller root and less dense hair resulting in a more comfortable experience.
What's the difference between a Hollywood, a Brazilian and an Extended Bikini (also known as a Californian)?
Hollywood service removes all pubic hair, including the labia and anal region
- Brazilian removes all of pubic hair, including the labia and anal region, just leaving a narrow landing strip or triangle on the pubis
- An Extended Bikini removes hair from all areas except the labia and the landing strip or triangle on pubis
- Basic bikini removes hair from the sides and top of the pubis, so no pesky hairs stick out around the edge of your bikini
Are there any contraindications to Sugaring?
- If currently using or have used Retin products, Vitamin A products or Differin within the last six months it is best to avoid hair removal processes in general as skin may be extra sensitive and prone to irritation.
- Varicose veins, it is not advisable to epilate from these areas.
Is sugaring suitable for those with eczema and psoriasis?
- Yes, because sugar is totally natural it will not cause irritation to the skin and is therefore suitable for all skin types.
How does sugaring help with prevention of ingrown hairs?
- Removes hair in the natural direction of growth which reduces breakage
- Removes dead skin cells which are a cause of follicle blockages